Usage Policy and Disclaimer
The PRISM team offers the highest quality resources for Indiana teachers. We help K-12 teachers embrace digital learning tools as extensions of their own dynamic presence in the classroom. Our goal is to move beyond mere surface appeal in order to integrate computer-mediated learning tools into traditional STEM curricula.
Please note: PRISM is a test-bed for educators to try out web-based resources that they might not otherwise have convenient access to. PRISM makes no explicit or implied warranty for data security and accepts no liability of any kind for any harm, damage, or loss which any persons or organizations may incur as a result of using PRISM.
In using any of the PRISM resources - but particularly Moodle - it is important to keep these points in mind:
- PRISM is not intended for commercial purposes. Persons hosting courses on the PRISM Moodle server may not charge a fee for these services. Persons selling lessons or content derived from the PRISM library should check with the original source provider for permissions and other issues of copyright. Persons hosting courses on the PRISM Moodle server or developing/storing lesson plans may not charge a fee for these services. This includes hosting of college/university courses. PRISM is intended for K-12 use only.
- Each public school corporation in Indiana has adopted an Internet Acceptable Use Policy. When using PRISM, individuals must comply with the policies set by their school district. The PRISM webmaster periodically checks items posted for content appropriateness. In the end, the user is responsible for ensuring that his or her materials and Internet activities meet the guidelines for Acceptable Use.
- Any use of PRISM components must conform to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Users who have questions should check with their designated school or district administrator in charge of compliance. PRISM does not accept any responsibility for infractions of FERPA or for any violations of student privacy.
- Teachers, schools, and districts are discouraged from using the PRISM platform to conduct state or local assessment activities. Please note that such use is conducted at the user's risk. PRISM takes no responsibility for data storage or system security if the platform is used for purposes other than facilitating professional development.
- Users using the Google Drive integration agree that Google may access their data via logging-in using the Google Drive Integration services.
- PRISM courses inactive for more than two years may be removed from the system.
Using PRISM constitutes consent to these terms and conditions. Be assured that the PRISM team is committed to quality and excellence.