July 11-16, 2021 and July 18-23, Rose-Hulman PRISM will be facilitating two different sessions of the Sustainable Energies Summer Boot Camps for Indiana teachers. The boot camps take place on the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology campus. STEM teachers, grades 4 -12, teaching units in their curriculum on sustainable and alternative energies are invited to apply. The purpose of this program is to provide the participating teachers a true "boot camp experience" in sustainable alternative energies combining academic professional development with vocational site visits to some alternative energy providers in Indiana. Some site visits may be in the form of virtual visits relative to COVID-19 protocol.
During the boot camps, teachers are to be developing standards-based, practical, and comprehensive lessons for units on sustainable alternative energies. Time will be given each day to help guide the development of lesson plans.
Upon completion, and after fully participating in the institute, each teacher will receive a kit of supplies containing materials for all the lab activities done during the institute. Teachers can also receive, upon completion of the institute, 45 Professional Growth Points (PGP’s) to apply on their Indiana Teacher’s License renewal.
All participants will be housed in a residence hall on the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology campus during the institute. Meals will be provided through the Food & Dining Services (Café Bon Appetit) in the student union.
- Teachers must be active Indiana teachers teaching units on sustainable alternative energies in grades 4-12.
- Teachers must be willing to reside on the Rose-Hulman campus for the week. (Nice apartments!)
- The Duke Energy Boot Camp (July 11 – 16) has a requirement that priority will be given to teachers residing in a Duke Energy Service area.
- Priority will be given to teachers that have 0-10 years of teaching experience.
Apply online at: www.rose-prism.org. You must create an account on our website. After setting up an account, you will need to click on Event Registration on the front page (left-hand side under Main Menu). Click on the drop-down menu and select one of the following events:
- Duke Energy Sustainable Energy Boot Camp 2021 (Session 1)
- Levinson Sustainable Energy Boot Camp 2021 (Session 2)
Complete the online registration form and submit.